- Programs available for both full classes as well as
smaller artistically focused students.
6th & Above
- Everything in the previous program.
- With an expanded explanation on the original idea for
Monsters in Manhattan and the process on how it
became a monstrous series.
- Greater detail on the process of writing a story.
- Reading from both Monsters in Manhattan and
Monsters in Manhattan 2.
- A step by step sample of drawings from concept to
- Reading from my upcoming book Bruce the Spruce.
- A focus on having a dream and how both big and even
small dreams can lead to amazing accomplishments!.
An even more elaborate presentation
designed to show older children how easy, how much fun and how possible it is for anyone to create their own book.
- 45 minute session
- Introduction to what illustrators do, how I got started and
the creative path I have followed shown through my
real childhood drawings, professional career and
- I'll show how an old T-shirt inspired an entire career.
- Explanation of where ideas come from.
- Demonstration of how easy it is to create a character.
- Discussion on the importance of rewriting and rewriting to
make a story perfect!
- Reading of Everybody Wake Up!!
- Examples of how I create an illustration - Its magic!
Or maybe a pen?
- Reading from Monsters in Manhattan.
- They've got questions, Ive got answers.
A slightly deeper program that includes
interactive activities which highlight all the
skills involved in creating a picture book.
- 15 / 20 minute session
- Quick introduction to my life as an artist and writer.
- The BIG BOOK!
- Reading of Everybody Wake Up!! and Halloween Boy
and the Christmas Kid.
- There's always time for questions.
A simple program that's interactive, exciting,
a little silly and a great introduction into telling stories and drawing for the little ones.
3rd, 4th & 5th Grade
1st & 2nd Grade
Pre-K & Kindergarten
607 330 - 0202 email@example.com